CO2 transparency, tracking and provenance
Without proper transparency, tracking and provenance it is impossible to incentives and penalize stakeholders inside and outside the industry to reduce Co2.
The impact is that the “good stewards” and most progressive players lose out and it leaves room for fraudulent behavior.
Further those looking to create a competitive edge and monetize their investments into Co2 reduction towards customers or regulators will depend on proper provenance.
Finally effective optimization of Co2 will require much better and live data.
Areas we are looking to explore with startups:
- Satellite and sensor enabled Co2 tracking
- Blockchain solutions to provide complete provenance
- Automation of carbon footprint reporting
- Co2 “labelling” of assets and products
- Lifetime Co2 asset transparency